JARCC Reviewer Responsibilities
The responsibility of reviewers is to evaluate the quality, relevance, and merit of submitted papers. Comments should be as complete and detailed as possible and contain clear opinions about strengths, weaknesses, relevance, and importance to the field. Comments should be specific and constructive; suggestions should be intended to enhance the manuscript.
- Agree to return manuscripts in a timely manner;
- Agree not to distribute the manuscript or to disclose information within the manuscript;
- Agree to be released as a reviewer after two refusals to review, two failures to review, or three late reviews;
- Agree to be forthright in their relationship to the author(s) of a given manuscript. If a reviewer receives a manuscript from someone they work with (e.g., in the same organization, on the same research project, funded by the same foundation), live with, or receive funding from, we ask that they recuse themselves from reading the manuscript and inform the editor(s) immediately.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer for JARCC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Email subject: JARCC Reviewer Interest;
- Your name, email address, name of your institution, department/division, title or position, and research interests;
- Provide a brief summary outlining previous peer review/editing experience and why you are interested in reviewing for JARCC.